Tips to remember your bags
- Put your coupons in your bag and keep it by the door.
- Keep reusable bags in the trunk of your car and put a small note on the dashboard to remind you to bring them.
- Purchase a few compact reusable bags that you can keep with you in a purse, jacket pocket, or backpack, or attach to your keychain.
- Give a fun bag to someone as a gift and tell them why they should use it.
- Decorate your own bag.
- Ask the kids to remind you to bring your bags as part of earning their allowance.
Recently we asked hundreds of people how they would remember to bring their reusable bag to the store. Here are some of our favorite ideas, broken down by category of shopper.
- Teach my kids to remind me
- Attach to dog leash
- Attach to my bike
- Put it back into the car after I empty it
- Keep bags in the car and at the office
- Leave it in the driver’s side pocket of the car
Tips for at home
- Clip the bag to your shopping list
- Hang it on the front door knob
- Include bag in shopping list as Item # 1
Tips for the office
- Keep it on my desk
- Leave it in the bag that I bring to work
Shoppers on the move
- Keep it in my backpack
We'd love to hear your ideas and share them with other BYOBaggers. Click here to send us a message with your tips!